Saturday, November 22, 2008

Eight (āt)(n.) :a cardinal number, seven plus one.





Jon and Kate Plus 8 is probably my utmost guilty pleasure (of which I have many and will be documenting here). Why, because the truth is I don't have a whole lot of free time and what little free time I do have tends to be spent watching Jon and Kate plus 8.

What's the show about? A husband and wife who accidentally ended up with eight kids when their attempt for a single baby, after having twins (Mady and Cara), resulted in sextuplets (Alexis, Leah, Hannah, Joel, Collin and Aedan). In the last maybe year, the show seems to have drummed up a good amount of controversy. People claim that Jon and Kate are using their kids to get free stuff and make money. My take on the whole thing is this,the kids seem happy and comfortable. A family that has eight children would never be able to go on ski trips, to go to Hawaii without someone offering to pay for it. I think the kids are getting to experience a lot of things that would just be too expensive for them to afford otherwise. People tend to be critical but I can't imagine that most people would turn down amazing opportunities offered to their children. I certainly wouldn't.

Why do I love this show? It shows what I would consider a real family, with real problems and real relationships. The parents bicker. The children fight. Mady throws tantrums. The little kids melt down. Despite those things, I really feel like there is a whole lot of love a long with the undoubted stress that would come from having eight children. The kids are cute and the parents like each other and care about their kids.



2 comments:

Manon said...

Hey Rachel,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I totally agree with the above post! : )

*Michelle* said...

I love this show, but you have to check out:

gosselinswithoutpity.blogspot.com

You will watch it with new eyes!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com